The Complete Archaeology of Greece: From Hunter-Gatherers to the 20th Century A.D.
May 2012, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- A unique single-volume exploration of the extraordinary development of human society in Greece from the earliest human traces up till the early 20th century AD
- Provides 22 chapters and an introduction chronologically surveying the phases of Greek culture, with over 200 illustrations
- Features over 200 images of art, architecture, and ancient texts, and integrates new archaeological discoveries for a more detailed picture of the Greece past, its landscape, and its people
- Explains how scientific advances in archaeology have provided a broader perspective on Greek prehistory and history
- Offers extensive notes on the text, freely available online at www.wileyonlinelibrary.com, that include additional details and references for the serious researcher and amateur