A Companion to European Romanticism
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
This companion is the first book of its kind to focus on the whole of European Romanticism.
- Describes the way in which the Romantic Movement swept across Europe in the early nineteenth century.
- Covers the national literatures of France, Germany, Italy, Poland, Russia and Spain.
- Addresses common themes that cross national borders, such as orientalism, Napoleon, night, nature, and the prestige of the fragment.
- Includes cross-disciplinary essays on literature and music, literature and painting, and the general system of Romantic arts.
- Features 35 essays in all, from leading scholars in America, Australia, Britain, France, Italy, and Switzerland.