Public Health Skills: A Practical Guide for nurses and public health practitioners
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Section 1: Assessment of public health needs.
1. Assessing and Identifying Health Needs: theories and frameworks for practice.
2. Health Needs Assessment :appraising and measuring need.
3. Needs Assessment.
Section 2: Management of public health needs.
4. Collaborative Working: organisational development for community participation.
5. Partnerships for Public Health: user involvement to improve health and wellbeing.
6. Partnerships for Pulic Health: professional involvement to improve health and wellbeing.
7. Communication and You.
Section 3: Public Health Policies and their Impact on Practice.
8. Appraising and Influencing Health Policy and Strategy.
9. Strategic Leadership for Health and Wellbeing.
10. Health Protection and the Role of the Public Health Nurse.
11. Research and Development: analysis and interpretation of evidence.
12. Quality and Risk Management in Primary Care Settings.
Section 4: Facilitation of Public Health Activities.
13. Quality and Risk Management: safe guarding children and vulnerable groups.
14. Developing Programmes, Services and Reducing Inequalities.
15. Programme Planning for Health Education.
16. Ethically Managing Self, People and Resources to Improve the Health and Wellbeing of Patients and Clients in the Community.
Glossary of terms.