The Anthropology of Art: A Reader
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- A single-volume overview of the essential theoretical debates in the anthropology of art, ideal for those who are new to the subject.
- Draws together significant work in the field from the second half of the twentieth century.
- Advances a cross-cultural concept of art that moves beyond traditional distinctions between Western and non-Western art.
- Provides the basis for the appreciation of art of different cultures and times.
- Enhances readers’ appreciation of the aesthetics of art and of the important role it plays in human society.