The Postcolonial Biblical Reader
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This wide-ranging Reader provides a comprehensive survey of the interaction between postcolonial criticism and biblical studies.
- Examines how various empires such as the Persian and Roman affected biblical narratives.
- Demonstrates how different biblical writers such as Paul, Matthew and Mark handled the challenges of empire.
- Includes examples of the practical application of postcolonial criticism to biblical texts.
- Considers contemporary issues such as diaspora, race, representation and territory.
- Editorial commentary draws out the key points to be made and creates a coherent narrative.