Focus in Hausa
March 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This book investigates the morphosyntax, semantics and discourse properties of focus and wh-constructions in Hausa, and introduces readers to aspects of the syntax of a major world language unfamiliar to most linguists.
- Represents the first detailed and comprehensive exposition of focus related constructions in Hausa from the perspective of a major contemporary theoretical framework
- Explores aspects of the syntax of focus in Hausa which have only recently begun to be described
- Authoritative and up-to-date, detailing recent developments in the theory, and reviewing and evaluating a number of current approaches to the syntax of focus constructions and non-verbal copular clauses
- Contains comparative data from related Chadic/Afroasiatic languages
- Serves to introduce readers to aspects of the syntax of a major world language unfamiliar to most linguists.