A Companion to the Worlds of the Renaissance
October 2006, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- A collection from some of the most original Renaissance scholars, suggesting new ways of thinking about the period.
- Overturns the idea that it was a period of European cultural triumph and highlights the negative as well as the positive.
- Looks at the Renaissance from a world, as opposed to just European, perspective.
- Views the Renaissance from perspectives other than just the cultural elite.
- Gender, sex, violence, and cultural history are integrated into the analysis.