Discovering Speech, Words, and Mind
April 2010, ©2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- An accessible introduction to the fundamentals of speech production, speech perception, word-formation, language acquisition and speech disorders
- Examines language as a cognitive science, applying scientific tools to the study of various aspects of speech
- Considers how the informational content of the speech signal relates to phonological units – connecting the three areas of speech, words, and mind
- Focuses on speech production and recognition at the word-level and below, exploring morphological, phonological, and phonetic perspectives
- Packed with numerous student-friendly features, including engaging examples, illustrations, and sidebars for further discussion; and supported by a website featuring additional online exercises and data