Vascular Medicine and Endovascular Interventions
June 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
- facilitates review and retention of material with questions and answers for each chapter
- covers topics from multiple perspective through multidisciplinary authorship
- serves as a convenient quick reference with highlighted bullet points
- is endorsed by the Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology
Beginning with vascular biology, the book progresses through a series of specific diseases, disorders, and conditions. The authors cover testing, treatment, and techniques, providing a comprehensive source of dependable information on clinical evaluation and management.
1. Vascular Biology.
2. Vasculitis and Connective Tissue Disease.
3. Upper Extremity Arterial Disease: Raynaud Syndrome, Occlusive Arterial Diseases, and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
4. Chronic Venous Disease and Lymphatic Disease.
6. Venous Thromboembolism.
7. Arterial Testing in the Vascular Laboratory.
8. Venous Testing in the Vascular Laboratory.
9. Perioperative Management of Vascular Surgery.
10. Unusual Vascular Diseases.
11. Leg Ulcerations.
12. Clinical Evaluation of Peripheral Arterial Disease—Lower Extremity.
13. Lower Extremity Peripheral Arterial Disease: Natural History, Epidemiology, and Prognosis.
14. Medical Treatment of Peripheral Arterial Disease.
15. Acute Arterial Disorders.
16. Aortic Aneurysms.
17. Aortic Dissection and Dissection-Like Syndromes.
18. Renal and Mesenteric Artery Disease.
19. Carotid Artery Disease and Stroke.
20. Patient Selection and Diagnosis for Endovascular Procedures.
21. Endovascular Techniques I: Catheters and Diagnostic Angiography.
22. Endovascular Techniques II: Wires, Balloons, and Stents.
23. Aortoiliac Intervention.
24. Diseases of the Aorta.
25. Carotid Angioplasty and Stenting.
26. Endovascular Treatment of Renal and Mesenteric Arterial Stenosis.
27. Endovascular Therapy for Brachiocephalic Vessels.
28. Endovascular Treatment of Lower Extremity Occlusive Arterial Disease.
29. Thrombolytic Therapy for Arterial and Venous Occlusive Disease.
30. Endovascular Treatment of Venous Disease.
31. Complications of Endovascular Procedures.
Timothy M. Sullivan, MD, FACS, FACC, Vascular and Endovascular Surgery, North Central Heart Institute, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA
Michael R. Jaff, DO, Director, Vascular Medicine, Massachusetts General Hospital; Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- Endorsed by the Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology and edited by principle opinion leaders
- This is the core text for the American Board of Vascular Medicine Examinations for Certification in Vascular Medicine and Endovascular Medicine
- Stand-alone educational reference for those working in this hot area that do not attend the course
- Chapters cover the full spectrum of vascular topics and include multiple-choice questions