The End of Work: Theological Critiques of Capitilism
October 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
* Aimed at theologians concerned with how Christianity might engage in social criticism, as well those who are interested in the connection between Marxist and Christian traditions
* Explores debates about labor under capitalism and considers the relationship between divine and human work
* Through a thorough reading of Weber's Protestant Work Ethic, argues that the triumph of the "spirit of utility" is crucial to understanding modern notions of work
* Draws on the work of various twentieth century Catholic thinkers, including Josef Pieper, Jacques Maritain, Eric Gill, and David Jones
* Published in the new and prestigious Illuminations series.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
The End of Work: Theological Critiques of Capitilism (US $121.95)
-and- After Enlightenment: The Post-Secular Vision of J. G. Hamann (US $41.95)
Total List Price: US $163.90
Discounted Price: US $122.92 (Save: US $40.98)