Conversation Analysis: An Introduction
April 2010, ©2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Combining the main findings, methods and analytic techniques of this central approach to language and social interaction, along with real-life examples and step-by-step explanations, Conversation Analysis is the ideal student guide to the field.
- Introduces the main findings, methods and analytic techniques of conversation analysis (CA) – a growing interdisciplinary field exploring language and social interaction
- Provides an engaging historical overview of the field, along with detailed coverage of the key findings in each area of CA and a guide to current research
- Examines the way talk is composed, and how conversation structures highlight aspects of human behavior
- Focuses on the most important domains of organization in conversation, including turn-taking, action sequencing, repair, stories, openings and closings, and the effect of context
- Includes real-life examples and step-by-step explanations, making it an ideal guide for students navigating this growing field