Virgil's Aeneid: A Reader's Guide
May 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Guides readers through the complexity of Virgil’s poetic style and imagery
- All extracts are translated, with original Latin given when necessary
- Provides useful historical and social context in which to understand the poem as it was viewed in its time
- Includes short introductions to important topics such as Roman religion and the Roman concept of ‘character’
- Features a helpful appendix which clarifies how to read and hear the poem's Latin hexameter