Annual Plant Reviews, Volume 33, Intracellular Signaling in Plants
July 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Intracellular Signaling in Plants
An intriguing and important question in our understanding of plant developmental programming and responses to the environment is what kinds of strategies and mechanisms plant cells use for the transmission and the integration of various developmental and environmental signals. This book provides insight into this fundamental question in plant biology.
Intracellular Signaling in Plants is an excellent new addition to the increasingly well-known and respected Annual Plant Reviews and offers the reader:
• Chapters prepared by an esteemed team of international authors
• A consistent and well-illustrated approach to the subject matter
• An invaluable resource for all researchers and professionals in plant biochemistry and biology
This important volume also deals with major known signaling mechanisms and several representative intracellular signaling networks in plants, integrating comprehensive reviews and insights from leading experts in the field.
Libraries in all universities and research establishments where biological sciences are studied and taught should have copies of this essential work on their shelves.
Also Available from Wiley-Blackwell
Annual Plant Reviews, Volume 32
Cell Cycle Control and Plant Development
Edited by Dirk Inzé
Annual Plant Reviews, Volume 31
Edited by David Logan
Keiko U Torii.
2. Heterotrimeric G-Protein-Coupled Signaling in Higher Plants.
Lei Ding, Jin-Gui Chen, Alan M Jones and Sarah M Assmann.
3. ROP/RAC GTPases.
Ying Fu, Tsutomu Kawasaki, Ko Shimamoto and Zhenbiao Yang.
4. Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Cascades in Plant Intracellular Signaling.
5. Calcium Signals and Their Regulation.
Zhen-Ming Pei and Simon Gilroy.
6. Paradigms and Networks for Intracellular Calcium Signaling in Plant Cells.
7. Reactive Oxygen Signaling in Plants.
Gad Miller, Jesse Coutu, Vladimir Shulaev and Ron Mittler.
8. Lipid-Mediated Signaling.
Wendy F Boss, Daniel V Lynch and Xuemin Wang.
9. The Cytoskeleton and Signal Transduction: Role and Regulation of Plant Actin- and Microtubule-Binding Proteins.
Patrick J Hussey and Takashi Hashimoto.
10. The PCI Complexes and the Ubiquitin Proteasome System (UPS) in Plant Development.
Yair Halimi and Daniel A Chamovitz.
11. Signaling Between the Organelles and the Nucleus.
Aurora Piñas Fernández and Åsa Strand.
12. Signaling by Protein Phosphorylation in Cell Division.
Michiko Sasabe and Yasunori Machida.
13. Guard Cell Signaling.
14. The Molecular Networks of Abiotic Stress Signaling.
Zhizong Gong, Viswanathan Chinnusamy and Jian-Kang Zhu
- Latest addition to the prestigious Annual Plant Reviews series
- International team of authors, each experts in their field
- A valuable resource for all researchers and professionals in plant biochemistry and biology
staff and/or researcher than undergraduate students." (Acta Physiol Plant, 2011)
"Intracellular Signaling in Plants is an excellent new addition to the increasingly well-known and respected Annual Plant Reviews.... An invaluable resource for all researchers and professionals in plant biochemistry." (Bois et Forets Des Tropiques, April 2009)
Annual Plant Reviews, Volume 33, Intracellular Signaling in Plants (US $269.95)
-and- Annual Plant Reviews, Volume 32, Cell Cycle Control and Plant Development (US $249.95)
Total List Price: US $519.90
Discounted Price: US $389.92 (Save: US $129.98)