Language of the Earth: A Literary Anthology, 2nd Edition
May 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- A unique collection that bridges the gap between science and humanities
- Contains writings by scientists, artists, aviators, poets, philosophers, novelists, historians, and sociologists including Charles Darwin, Dane Picard, Rachel Carson, John Muir, Mark Twain and Archibald Geikie
- Represents the human experience over the centuries, covering a span of 2,500 years
- Reflects the planet's extraordinary physical diversity
- The previous edition was voted one of the 25 'Great Books of Geology' by readers of the Journal of Geological Education
"...this is a very worthwhile read, with something for everyone interested in geography, earth systems and geology, natural history or the general environment."
Robert A. Francis, King's College London, Progress in Physical Geography
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Language of the Earth: A Literary Anthology, 2nd Edition (US $49.95)
-and- Practical Statistics for Geographers and Earth Scientists (US $49.95)
Total List Price: US $99.90
Discounted Price: US $74.92 (Save: US $24.98)