Visual Factors in Reading
May 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
This collection of essays examines how our visual and language systems interact in relationship to reading.
- Addresses four important questions concerning the role of vision in reading
- Presents recent findings from neuroimaging literature along with important recent work concerning how letters and letter strings are processed
- Investigates what constraints the visual system and eye movement control set on visual word recognition
- Discusses the role of the left and right visual field, together with the right and left hemispheres in visual word recognition
- Evaluates what information the brain computes when we read a word questions the contribution of the visual system on reading disability