Media/History/Society: A Cultural History of U.S. Media
February 2009, ©2009, Wiley-Blackwell
Media/History/Society offers a cultural history of media in the United States, shifting the lens of media history from media developments and evolution to a focus on changes in culture and society, emphasizing how media shaped and were shaped by these trends, policies, and cultural shifts.
- Covers the topics that instructors want to teach
- Provides a timely and relevant culturally determined perspective on media history in American society
- Organized thematically rather than chronologically
- Links history to contemporary issues, setting journalism into a broader historical context
- Includes alternate table of contents, discussion questions, an instructor’s manual, and sample exams