The Shadow Side of Fieldwork: Exploring the Blurred Borders between Ethnography and Life
August 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Luminaries in anthropology dare to explore the 'unspeakable' and 'invisible' in the ethnographic encounter
- Considers personal and professional challenges (ethical, epistemological, and political) faced by researchers who examine the subjectivities inherent in their ethnographic insights
- Explores the value, and limitations, of addressing the personal in ethnographic research
- Includes a critical discussion of the anthropologist’s self in the field
- Introduces imaginative rigor to ethnographic research to heighten confidence in anthropological knowledge