Networked Disease: Emerging Infections in the Global City
October 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Presents original contributions by scholars from seven countries on four continents
- Connects newer thinking on global cities, networks, and governance in a post-national era of public health regulations and neo-liberalization of state services
- Provides an important contribution to the global public debate on the challenges of emerging infectious disease in cities
- Examines the impact of globalization on future infectious disease threats on international and local politics and culture
- Focuses on the ways pathogens interact with economic, political and social factors, ultimately presenting a threat to human development and global cities
- Employs an interdisciplinary approach to the SARS epidemic, clearly demonstrating the value of social scientific perspectives on the study of modern disease in a globalized world
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Networked Disease: Emerging Infections in the Global City (US $39.95)
-and- Working Bodies: Interactive Service Employment and Workplace Identities (US $39.95)
Total List Price: US $79.90
Discounted Price: US $59.92 (Save: US $19.98)