A Practical Manual of Diabetic Foot Care, 2nd Edition
February 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
The clinical chapters are presented in a structured, colour-coded format to allow easy reference. The text also includes highlighted best clinical practice tips. Each chapter is accompanied by high-quality, full-colour photographs that provide excellent examples of the earliest presenting signs as well as illustrating the step-by-step guidance on treatment. This book is an essential manual for every healthcare professional involved in the care of patients with diabetes.
2 Stage 1: The Normal Foot.
3 Stage 2: The High-risk Foot.
4 Stage 3: The Ulcerated Foot.
5 Stage 4: The Infected Foot.
6 Stage 5: The Necrotic Foot.
7 Stage 6: The Unsalvageable Foot.
8 Surgical Approach to the Diabetic Foot.
Mrs Alethea V. M. Foster BS (Hons) PGCE MChS SRCh DipPodM recently retired as the Chief Podiatrist, King's College Hospital, London, wher she was involved in the development of the UK Government's National Serviec Framework for Diabetes implemented in all hospitals, clinics and primary care practices form 2004. In May 2003, Alethea was the first podiatrist to be awarded the International Diabetic Foot Award, which is only awarded every four years to an indvidual who has played a pivotal role in developing diabetic foot care.
Dr Lee Sanders DPM, Chief of Podiatry, Acute Cre/Specialty Services, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Lebanon, PA, USA. He is past President for Health Care and Education of the American Diabetes Association, the first podiatrist in ADA's history to be elected to this prestigious position. Dr Sanders is also a medical historian, with a special interest in the history of diabetes.
- The second edition of this award-winning text (BMA Medical Book of the Year - 2004)
- More emphasis on prevention, in particular using vascular therapy and control of risk factors
- Includes recommendations from the latest two international guidelines - published since the first edition
- Contains more information on managing the ischemic foot
- Includes information on all the latest drugs, antibiotics and approaches to treatment