Basic Guide to Oral Health Education and Promotion
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Section 1: Structure and functions of the oral cavity.
1. The oral cavity in health.
Section 2: Diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
2. Plaque, calculus and staining.
3. Chronic gingivitis.
4. Chronic periodontitis.
5. Other oral diseases.
7. Tooth surface loss and sensitivity.
Section 3: Oral disease prevention.
9. Food, glorious food.
10. Sugars in the diet.
12. Fissure sealants.
13. Smoking cessation.
Section 4: Delivering oral health messages.
15. Principles of education.
16. Setting up a preventive dental unit.
17. Planning an oral hygiene session.
18. Anti-plaque agents.
19. Practical oral hygiene instruction.
Section 5: Oral health target groups and case studies.
20. Pregnant and nursing mothers.
21. Parents of pre-11-year-olds.
22. Adolescent and orthodontic patients.
23. Older people.
24. At risk and special care patients.
25. Minority ethnic groups.
26. Other health professionals.
27. Planning education case studies.
Section 6: Oral health and society.
30. Evidence-based prevention.
31. UK dental services.
32. Oral health promotion.