Family Matters: The Importance of Mattering to Family in Adolescence
January 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
- Defines mattering and distinguishes among the three ways that people can matter to others: awareness, importance, and reliance
- Utilizes empirical evidence from a quantitative analyses of data from a nationwide survey 2,004 adolescents to support author’s assertions
- Explores the impact of structural and demographic factors such as family structure in developing of a sense of mattering in adolescents.
- Includes helpful indices, including his Mattering Index and Rosenberg’s Self-Esteem Index
- Suggests how parents, teachers, and other significant people in the lives of adolescents can work to instill a sense of mattering in those under their care
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Family Matters: The Importance of Mattering to Family in Adolescence (US $121.95)
-and- Personality and Individual Differences, 2nd Edition (US $71.95)
Total List Price: US $193.90
Discounted Price: US $145.42 (Save: US $48.48)