Annual Plant Reviews, Volume 35, Plant Systems Biology
May 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
A fundamental conceptual framework for Systems Biology including Network Theory
- The progress achieved for diverse model organisms: Prokaryotes, C. elegans and Arabidopsis
- The diverse sources of “omic” information necessary for a systems understanding of plants
- Insights into the software tools developed for systems biology
- Interesting case studies regarding applications including nitrogen-use, flowering-time and root development
- Ecological and evolutionary considerations regarding living systems
This volume captures the cutting edge of systems biology research and aims to be an introductory material for undergraduate and graduate students as well as plant and agricultural scientists, molecular biologists, geneticists and microbiologists. It also serves as a foundation in the biological aspects of the field for interested computer scientists. Libraries in all universities and research establishments where biological and agricultural sciences are studied and taught and integrated with Computer Sciences should have copies of this important volume on their shelves.
1. Systems Biology: Principles and Applications in Plant Research (G.M. Coruzzi, A. Burga, M.S. Katari, and R.A. Gutierrez).
2. An Overview of Systems Biology (R. Albert and S.M. Assmann).
3. Prokaryotic Systems Biology (T. Kacmarczyk, P. Waltman, and R. Bonneau).
4. Animal Systems Biology: Toward a Systems View of Development in C. elegans (A. Fernandez, F. Piano, and K.C. Gunsalus).
Part II. Plant Systems Biology: Enumerating and Integrating the System Components.
5. Software Tools for Systems Biology: Visualizing the Outcomes of N experiments on M Entities (C. Poultney and D. Shasha).
6. The Plant Genome: Decoding the Transcriptional Hardwiring (E.
Grotewold and N. Springer).
7. The RNA World: Identifying miRNA, Target RNA Pairs as Possible Missing Links in Multi-network Models (P.J. Green and B.C. Meyers).
8. Proteomics: Setting the Stage for Systems Biology (S.C. Peck).
9. Metabolomics: Integrating the Metabolome and the Proteome for Systems Biology (W. Weckwerth).
10. From the Ionome to the Genome: Identifying the Gene Networks That Control the Mineral Content of Plants (M.L. Guerinot, I. Baxter, and D.E. Salt).
11. Development and Systems Biology: Riding the Genomics Wave Towards a Systems Understanding of Root Development (S.M. Brady and P.N. Benfey).
12. Perspectives on Ecological and Evolutionary Systems Biology (C.L. Richards, Y. Hanzawa, M.S. Katari, I.M. Ehrenreich, K.E. Engelmann, and M.D. Purugganan).
Rodrigo Gutiérrez is Assistant Professor at the Molecular Genetics and Microbiology Department, P. Universidad Católica de Chile, Santiago, Chile and an Associate Research Scientist at the Department of Biology and Center for Genomics and Systems Biology, New York University, New York, USA.
- part of the prestigious Annual Plant Reviews series
- an international team of authors, each experts in their
- a valuable resource for all researchers and professionals in molecular, cell and developmental biology and genetics
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Annual Plant Reviews, Volume 35, Plant Systems Biology (US $273.95)
Total List Price: US $537.90
Discounted Price: US $403.42 (Save: US $134.48)