A Companion to Old Norse-Icelandic Literature and Culture
May 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This major survey of Old Norse-Icelandic literature and culture demonstrates the remarkable continuity of Icelandic language and culture from medieval to modern times.
- Comprises 29 chapters written by leading scholars in the field
- Reflects current debates among Old Norse-Icelandic scholars
- Pays attention to previously neglected areas of study, such as the sagas of Icelandic bishops and the fantasy sagas
- Looks at the ways Old Norse-Icelandic literature is used by modern writers, artists and film directors, both within and outside Scandinavia
- Sets Old Norse-Icelandic language and literature in its wider cultural context