International Perspectives on Health and Social Care: Partnership Working in Action
March 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
International Perspectives on Health and Social Care adopts a thematic approach to health and social care partnerships.
The book offers workable information on key topics such as integrated service models, partnership working and finance, self-management and the co-ordination of services, individual budgets, managing integration and working across the health and social care boundary. The importance of inter-professional practice is emphasised throughout with a key chapter that explores the knowledge, attitudes and skills required by practitioners from different professional backgrounds in order to work together collaboratively.
With chapters by leading international commentators, the book explores key terms and approaches to partnership working, helping readers to consider which way of working may be appropriate for which types of outcomes.
2. Interprofessional practice.
3. Partnership working: key concepts and approaches.
4. Key elements in effective partnership working.
5. Integrated service models: an exploration of North American models and lessons.
6. Working across the health and social care boundary.
7. Partnerships in the digital age.
8. The economics of integrated care.
9. Self-management with others: the role of partnerships in supporting self-management for people with long-term conditions.
10. Self-directed support as a framework for partnership working.
11. The outcomes of health and social care partnerships
Helen Dickinson is a Lecturer in Health Care Policy and Management at the Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham. Helen’s main research interest is in inter-agency collaboration and particularly evaluating collaboration in terms of service user outcomes.
International Perspectives on Health and Social Care: Partnership Working in Action (US $101.99)
-and- Interprofessional Teamwork for Health and Social Care (US $84.99)
Total List Price: US $186.98
Discounted Price: US $140.23 (Save: US $46.75)