ECG Interpretation: The Self-Assessment Approach, 2nd Edition
November 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
• An appealing, user-friendly format that will help with exam preparation
• Clearly defined learning objectives to guide readers efficiently through the intricacies of ECG interpretation
• Numerous practical examples of ECG strips to illustrate important concepts, including clean ECG strips to practice skills
• Multiple-choice questions to consolidate learning and emphasize pertinent facts
This second edition has been thoroughly revised from the original 12-lead ECG Interpretation: The Self-Assessment Approach, with fully updated text, additional electrocardiograms and new chapters covering a variety of arrhythmias and ion channelopathies. The book is an essential aid to structured learning for electrophysiologists cardiologists in training, Internists, emergency room physicians, , medical students, nurses and. cardiac technicians.
2 Mean QRS axis determination.
3 The normal electrocardiogram.
Self-Assessment Test One.
4 Intraventricular conduction defects.
5 Myocardial ischemia and infarction.
Self-Assessment Test Two.
6 Chamber enlargement and hypertrophy.
7 Acute pericarditis.
8 Sinus rhythm and its discontents.
Self-Assessment Test Three.
9 Atrioventricular block.
10 Atrial arrhythmias.
Self-Assessment Test Four.
11 Supraventricular re-entrant tachycardia.
12 The Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.
Self-Assessment Test Five.
13 Junctional arrhythmias.
14 Ventricular arrhythmias.
15 The channelopathies.
16 Electronic pacing.
Self-Assessment Test Six.
Answers to self-assessment tests.
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
El Paso, TX
Adjunct Associate professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
University of Texas at El Paso
Robert Conner, RN.
● An appealing, user-friendly format will help with exam preparation
● Focuses on learning rather than teaching or reading
● Considered a must-have practical guide
● Incorporates clear goals, self-assessment questions and clean ECG strips to practice skills on