Living Memory: The Social Aesthetics of Language in a Northern Italian Town
March 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
• Integrates extensive participant observation with sociolinguistic data collection
• Reveals the political and social dynamics of a national language (Italian) and a local dialect (Bergamasco) struggling for survival
• Introduces the original concept of the “social aesthetics of language”: the interweaving of culturally-shaped and emotionally felt dimensions of language-choice
• Written to be accessible to students and specialists alike
• Part of the Blackwell Studies in Discourse and Culture Series
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Living Memory: The Social Aesthetics of Language in a Northern Italian Town (US $109.95)
Total List Price: US $161.90
Discounted Price: US $121.42 (Save: US $40.48)