Paediatric and Neonatal Safe Transfer and Retrieval: The Practical Approach
August 2008, BMJ Books
Paediatric and Neonatal Safe Transfer and Retrieval (PaNSTaR) is aimed at healthcare professionals either beginning their training in paediatric or neonatal transport and those who are involved in undertaking such transfers on an occasional basis.
Developed by a multi-professional group from across the UK, this new title incorporates a systematic approach throughout. This approach is adapted from the adult STaR course and covers the following:
* an overview of the current delivery of children's transport services
* the ACCEPT approach
- Preparation and Packaging
* practical issues that are encountered during the transfer process from both an equipment and a clinical perspective
* special considerations and circumstances that require additional planning
* useful appendices that contain supporting information, sample checklists and example documentation.
2. The structured approach to transfers.
Part II: Managing the transfer.
3. Assessment and control.
6. Preparation and Packaging.
8. Putting ACCEPT into practice.
Part III: Practical Aspects of Paediatric and Neonatal Transfer Medicine.
9. Oxygen therapy and monitoring.
10. Securing and packaging.
Part IV: Assessment and Clinical Aspects of Transfer Medicine.
11. Introduction to the clinical assessment of patients.
12. Specific clinical conditions.
Part V: Special Considerations.
13. Dealing with parents and families.
14. Air transfers - an introduction.
15. Transfers to CT and MR Scanners.
16. Transporting the patient with a difficult airway.
17. Safety Considerations /
Keeping staff safe.
18. The infectious or contaminated patient.
19. Legal and insurance issues.
Part VI: Appendices.
Appendix A Levels of care.
Appendix B The PaNSTaR transfer master.
Appendix C Transfer aide-memoire.
Appendix D Transfer checklists.
Appendix E Generic referral form.
Appendix F Transfer competences.
- A practical guide which provides an introduction to the knowledge required to undertake the transfer of sick children and neonates
- An excellent reference for those regularly involved in transfers or for the non-specialist team required to undertake occasional transfers
- Developed by a multiprofessional group of experts from across the UK
- Closely linked to the STaR (Safe Transfer and Retrieval) ALSG courses and uses the ACCEPT approach throughout the text.
Paediatric and Neonatal Safe Transfer and Retrieval: The Practical Approach (US $107.00)
Total List Price: US $196.95
Discounted Price: US $147.71 (Save: US $49.24)