Global Visual Cultures: An Anthology
April 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Global Visual Cultures is a definitive anthology that provides a new and groundbreaking perspective on the field, and addresses multiple interpretations of the visual, from considerations of the "everyday" to global political contexts.
- Expands the theoretical framework for considering visual culture
- Brings together a rich selection of readings relevant in a variety of disciplinary and interdisciplinary settings, from critical theory, anthropology and history, to political science, architecture, and ethnic, race and gender studies
- Analyzes cultural phenomena in global and local contexts and across a broad geographical and geopolitical terrain
- Address multiple interpretations of the visual, from considerations of the "everyday" to global political contexts
- Offers ample, useful pedagogy that reveals the multi-faceted nature of visual culture