Culture and Mental Health: Sociocultural Influences, Theory, and Practice
January 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Notes on Editors and Contributors.
Part I. General Issues in Culture and Mental Health .
1. Introduction to Culture and Psychopathology: Sussie Eshun (East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania) and Regan A. R. Gurung (University of Wisconsin, Green Bay).
2. Culture and Mental Health Assessment: Bonnie A. Green (East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania).
3. Stress and Mental Health: Regan A. R. Gurung (University of Wisconsin, Green Bay) and Angela Roethel-Wendorf (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee).
4. Managing Job Stress: Cross-Cultural Variations in Adjustment: Joseph P. Eshun, Jr. (East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania) and Kevin J. Kelley (Pennsylvania State University, Lehigh Valley).
5. Chronic Pain: Cultural Sensitivity to Pain: Jyh-Hann Chang (East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania).
6. Placing the Soul Back into Psychology: Religion in the Psychotherapy Process: Paul E. Priester (North Park University), Shiva Khalili (Tehran University), and Jose E. Luvathingal (University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee).
7. Psychotherapy in a Culturally Diverse World: Laura R. Johnson (University of Mississippi), Gilberte Bastien (University of Mississippi), and Michael J. Hirschel (University of Mississippi).
8. International Perspectives on Culture and Mental Health: P. S. D. V. Prasadarao (University of Waikato, Hamilton, NZ)
Part II. Cross-Cultural Issues in Specific Psychological Disorders.
9. Culture and Mood Disorders: Sussie Eshun (East Stroudsburg University of Pennsylvania) and Toy Caldwell-Colbert (formerly Central State University).
10. Culture and Anxiety Disorders: Simon A. Rego (Albert Einstein College of Medicine).
11. Cultural Factors in Traumatic Stress: Peter D. Yeomans (San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center) and Evan M. Forman (Drexel University).
12. Culture and Psychotic Disorders: Kristin M. Vespia (University of Wisconsin, Green Bay).
13. Culture and Eating Disorders: Megan A. Markey Hood (Saint Louis University), Jillon S. Vander Wal (Saint Louis University), and Judith L. Gibbons (Saint Louis University).
14. Culture and Suicide: David Lester (The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, Pomona, NJ).
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Culture and Mental Health: Sociocultural Influences, Theory, and Practice (US $121.95)
-and- Microaggressions in Everyday Life: Race, Gender, and Sexual Orientation (US $50.00)
Total List Price: US $171.95
Discounted Price: US $128.96 (Save: US $42.99)