May 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
* Studies the origins of the contemporary proliferation of 'Transgression' in the compelling thought experiments of Georges Bataille, and follows its inauguration as a mode of legitimate critical practice via Michel Foucault.
* Tracks the author's rejection of Transgression as a legitimate critical methodology following her mother's death and her own maternal transfiguration.
* Shows how the po-faced claims of critical methodology can be exploded by genuinely personal reflection.
* Considers the place of grief in the transformation of thought.
* Argues against the model of the 'death of god' that underpins the transgressive turn in critical thought, and for a more courageous account of the inevitable return of numinous desires.
* Considers the moral responsibility of the critical writer.
* Traces the transfiguration of the author from transgressive daughter to maternal agent.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Against Transgression (US $34.95)
-and- The Literary Theory Toolkit: A Compendium of Concepts and Methods (US $25.95)
Total List Price: US $60.90
Discounted Price: US $45.67 (Save: US $15.23)