November 2007, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
- Addresses the crucial role of technical instruments in the construction of markets
- Explores how market devices are set to configure economic calculative capacities and observes the part they play in the marketability of goods and services
- Includes a wide array of objects that have been often overlooked in sociological analysis from pricing models to merchandising tools, from trading protocols to aggregate indicators
- Analyses the performative aspects of knowledge and expertise needed in adjusting and calibrating marketing devices
- Includes original empirical material from the emerging intersection between economic sociology and science and technology studies