Cultural Studies: A Practical Introduction
March 2010, ©2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This hands-on survey introduces students to the diverse fields that comprise cultural studies, from visual culture to popular music and new media. It can be used as a standalone text or is the perfect companion volume to Ryan's Cultural Studies: An Anthology.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of the field, from cyberculture and digital media to fashion and new formulations of gender identity
- Includes student exercises and activities for each chapter
- Teaches cultural analysis through practical examples and application
- Gives students across disciplines the tools to become practitioners of Cultural Studies and active cultural analysts
- The perfect companion volume to Ryan's Cultural Studies Anthology (2008)