Estuaries: Monitoring and Modeling the Physical System
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
By carefully building a working computer model which accurately emulates the complexities inherent in estuaries, students learn quickly to model the tides and currents, and then to build and test salinity, temperature, and suspended sediment modules.
The book is supported by a supplimentary material at www.blackwellpublishing.com/hardisty which includes:
* Excel routines for individual formulae and diagrams
* Full coding for the estuarine model
THE ANALYSIS OF TIDAL STREAM POWER – For Jack Hardisty’s other book and the accompanying website please click here: http://eu.wiley.com/WileyCDA/WileyTitle/productCd-047072451X.html
Dynamic Internet references.
Part I Evolution and Monitoring.
1. Introduction to Estuarine Systems.
2. Monitoring Estuarine Systems.
Part II The Bathymetry of Estuaries.
3. Estuarine Bathymetry.
4. Modeling Bathymetry.
Part III Tides in Estuaries.
5. Estuarine Tides.
6. Modeling Tides.
Part IV Currents in Estuaries.
7. Estuarine Currents.
8. Modeling Currents.
Part V The Temperature and Salinity of Estuaries.
9. Estuarine Temperature and Salinity.
10. Modeling Temperature and Salinity.
Part VI Suspended Particulate Matter in Estuaries.
11. Estuarine Particulates.
12. Modeling Particulates.
- Uses the theoretical basis for a new a generic model for
estuarine tides, currents, temperature, salinity and particulate
- Introduces the processes by carefully building a working
computer model which accurately emulates the complexities, and
retains the transparency, of estuaries.
- Includes a comprehensive introduction to geological evolution
- Features five main section on Bathymetry, Tides, Currents, Salt
and Health and suspended sediment.
- Supported by a website that includes regularly updated dynamic internet references, Excelettes for individual formulas and diagrams, and full coding for sediment modules.