European Handbook of Neurological Management
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The guidelines fall naturally into sections that cover:
- Investigation: cerebrospinal fluid analysis, imaging, diagnostic antibodies and skin biopsy
- Major neurological diseases: stroke, migraine, Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, mild traumatic brain injury, multiple sclerosis and Alzheimer’s disease
- Neuromuscular diseases: motor neuron disease, inflammatory neuropathy, muscular dystrophy and myasthenia gravis
- Infections: HIV infection and encephalitis
- Neurological problems: treatment of neuropathic pain, acute relapses of multiple sclerosis and status epilepticus, to name but a few
- Sleep disorders: Narcolepsy, other sleep disorders and restless legs syndrome
- Cognitive rehabilitation.
The European Handbook of Neurological Management is a book that any neurologist, without regard to national boundaries, will find a useful aid in the day-to-day management of neurological disease.