Privatization: Property and the Remaking of Nature-Society Relations
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Contemporary privatization remakes nature-society as property and transforms people’s relationships to themselves, each other, and the natural world. This groundbreaking collection provides the first systematic analysis of neo-liberal privatization. Rich case studies of privatization in the making reveal both the pivotal role that privatization plays in neoliberalism and new opportunities for challenging neo-liberal hegemony.
- Rich case studies linked to broader questions on neoliberalism
- Illustrates the importance of property relation and the complexities existing in the meaning and practice of property
- Extends current geographical scholarship on neoliberalism –including neoliberalism and nature
- Each essay touches on the disciplinary, regulatory dimensions of privatization
- Highlights the importance of privatization, both broadly and specifically