The Handbook of Language and Globalization
August 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
The Handbook of Language and Globalization brings together important new studies of language and discourse in the global era, consolidating a vibrant new field of sociolinguistic research.
- The first volume to assemble leading scholarship in this rapidly developing field
- Features new contributions from 36 internationally-known scholars, bringing together key research in the field and establishing a benchmark for future research
- Comprehensive coverage is divided into four sections: global multilingualism, world languages and language systems; global discourse in key domains and genres; language, values and markets under globalization; and language, distance and identities
- Covers an impressive breadth of topics including tourism, language teaching, social networking, terrorism, and religion, among many others
- Winner of the British Association for Applied Linguistics book prize 2011