Schizophrenia, 3rd Edition
February 2011, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Preface to the 3rd Edition.
Preface to the First Edition.
Part 1 Descriptive Aspects.
1. The concept of schizophrenia: past, present, and future (Nancy C. Andreasen).
2. The schizophrenia construct: symptomatic presentation (Celso Arango and William T. Carpenter).
3. Child and adolescent schizophrenia (Chris Hollis and Judith Rapoport).
4. Late onset schizophrenia (Robert Howard and Dilip V. Jeste).
5. The Schizophrenia Spectrum Personality Disorders (Eran Chemerinski and Larry J. Siever).
6. The prodome of schizophrenia (Shôn Lewis and Jean Addington).
7. Course and outcome (Wolfram an der Heiden and Heinz Häfner).
8. Neurocognitive Impairments in Schizophrenia: Their Character and Their Role in Symptom Formation (Terry E. Goldberg, Anthony David, James. M. Gold).
Part 2 BIOLOGICAL ASPECTS.
9. The secondary schizophrenias (Thomas M. Hyde and Maria A. Ron).
10. Schizophrenia: The epidemiological horizon (Assen Jablensky, James B. Kirkbride and Peter B. Jones).
11. Environmental risk factors for schizophrenia (John J. McGrath and Robin M. Murray).
12. Classical Genetic Studies of Schizophrenia (Brien Riley and Kenneth S. Kendler).
13. Genetic Associations in Schizophrenia (Michael C O'Donovan and Michael J. Owen).
14 . Intermediate phenotypes and genetic origins (Tyrone Cannon).
15. Electrophysiology of schizophrenia (Georg Winterer and Robert W. McCarley).
16. Structural Brain Imaging in schizophrenia and related populations (Stephen M. Lawrie and Christos Pantelis).
17. Functional Brain Imaging in schizophrenia (Andreas Meyer-Lindenberg).
18. Neuropathology of schizophrenia (Paul J. Harrison, David A. Lewis and Joel E. Kleinman).
19. Schizophrenia as a neurodevelopmental disorder (Daniel R. Weinberger).
20. Dopamine and Schizophrenia (Anissa Abi-Dargham and Anthony Grace).
21. Contributions of glutamate and GABA systems to the neurobiology and treatment of schizophrenia (John H. Krystal, M.D. and Bita Moghaddam).
22. Animal Models of schizophrenia (Barbara K. Lipska and Joseph A. Gogos).
Part 3 BIOLOGICAL TREATMENTS.
23. The pharmacology and neuroscience of antipsychotic drugs (John L. Waddington, Colm O'Tuathaigh and Gary J. Remington).
24. Principles of pharmacological treatment in schizophrenia (Thomas R. E. Barnes and Stephen R. Marder).
25. Comparative efficacy and effectiveness in the drug treatment of schizophrenia (John Geddes, Mark Weiser, John M Davis and Grigori Joffe).
26. Approaches to treatment resistant patients (Stefan Leucht, Cristoph U. Correll and John M. Kane).
27. Neurological complications of antipsychotic drugs (Peter M. Haddad and Venkata S. Mattay).
28. Metabolic and other side effects (John W. Newcomer and Stefan Leucht).
Part 4 PSYCHOSOCIAL ASPECTS.
29. Schizophrenia and psychosocial stress (Paul E. Bebbington and Elizabeth Kuipers).
30. Mental health services for schizophrenia patients (Tom Burns and Bob Drake).
31. Societal Outcomes in Schizophrenia (Ian Kooyman and Elizabeth Walsh).
32. Psychological treatment of psychosis (Gillian Haddock and Wiliam Spaulding).
33. Economics of the treatment of schizophrenia (Nancy H. Covell, Susan M. Essock, and Linda K. Frisman).
Colour plates are found facing page 338.
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Schizophrenia, 3rd Edition (US $218.95)
-and- Suicide Risk Management: A Manual for Health Professionals, 2nd Edition (US $43.99)
Total List Price: US $262.94
Discounted Price: US $197.20 (Save: US $65.74)