Research Handbook for Health Care Professionals
August 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
The book comprises three sections: Getting Started, Doing Your Research and Writing Up and Dissemination, and includes chapters on key topics such as formulating your research question, writing the initial research protocol, application for ethical approval, research governance, collecting your data, research methods and preparing a poster for a conference.
1. Taking Stock.
2. Research Governance.
3. Formulating your research question.
4. Reviewing the literature.
5. Critically appraising papers.
6. Choosing the right research design.
7. Writing the initial research protocol.
8. Getting started with statistics.
9. Successful Grant Applications.
10. Obtaining approval for your research.
11. Participant consent.
Part 2: Doing your analysis.
12. Collecting your data.
13. Recruiting Volunteers.
14. Data management and analysis.
Part 3: Writing up and dissemination.
15. Disseminating your results.
16. Preparing for a conference presentation.
17. Writing a paper for a journal.