A Concise Companion to Milton
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
With brevity, depth, and accessibility, this book helps readers to appreciate the works of John Milton, and to understand the great influence they have had on literature and other disciplines.
- Presents new and authoritative essays by internationally respected Milton scholars
- Explains how and why Milton’s works established their central place in the English literary canon
- Structured chronologically around Milton’s major works
- Also includes a select bibliography and a chronology detailing Milton’s life and works alongside relevant world events
- Ideal as a first critical work on Milton