Standard Practice in Sexual Medicine
April 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
- Written under the auspices of the International Society for Sexual Medicine, (www.issm.info), the leading professional society in sexual medicine and founder of the most influential journal in the field, The Journal of Sexual Medicine, published by Blackwell Publishing
- Comprehensive coverage of the full range of diagnostic and treatment options in all aspects of male and female sexual dysfunctions
- Provides information on recent progress in pharmacologic approaches, including the highly successful drug treatments for ED
- Useful for any part of the patient-clinician consultation, from gathering symptoms to diagnosis to treatment to reports on potential and developing treatments
1. Preclinical Research and Animal Models in Sexual Medicine.
François Giuliano, Kevin McKenna, Balasubramanian Srilatha, James G. Pfaus.
2. Psychologic and Interpersonal Aspects and their Management.
Stanley E. Althof, Raymond Rosen, Eusebio Rubio-Aurioles, Carolyn Earle, Marie Chevret-Measson.
3. Anatomy and Physiology of Erection.
Hartmut Porst, Ira D. Sharlip.
4. History and Epidemiology of Male Sexual Dysfunction.
Hartmut Porst, Ira D. Sharlip.
5. Etiology and Risk Factors of Erectile Dysfunction.
Hussein Ghanem, Hartmut Porst.
6. Diagnosis of Erectile Dysfunction.
Allen D. Seftel.
7. Oral Pharmacotherapy of Erectile Dysfunction.
8. Self-Injection, Trans-Urethral and Topical Therapy in Erectile Dysfunction.
Hartmut Porst, Ganesan Adaikan.
9. Future Aspects of Pharmacotherapy in Erectile Dysfunction.
10. Future Treatment Aspects of Erectile Dysfunction: Gene Therapy and Tissue.
Wayne J.G. Hellstrom.
11. Vacuum Constriction Devices.
Sidney Glina, Hartmut Porst.
12. Surgical Treatment of Erectile Dysfunction.
Vascular Surgery of the Penis.
Penile Prosthetic Surgery.
Michael Sohn, Antonio Martín-Morales.
13. Hypoactive Sexual Desire in Men.
14. Peyronie’s Disease.
Pathophysiology and Medical Management.
Surgical Treatment of Peyronie’s Disease.
Pathophysiology and Non-Surgical Management.
Surgical Management of Priapism.
16. Ejaculatory Disorders.
Chris G. McMahon, Marcel Waldinger, David Rowland, Pierre Assalian, Young Chan Kim, Amado Bechara, Alan Riley.
17. Radical Pelvic Surgery-Associated Sexual Dysfunction.
John Mulhall, Sidney Glina.
18. Hormones, Metabolism, Aging and Men’s Health.
Jacques Buvat, Ridwan Shabsigh, André Guay, Louis Gooren, Luiz Otavio Torres,.
Introduction to Female Sexual Disorders.
19. Anatomy and Physiology of Women’s Sexual Function.
Alessandra Graziottin, Annamaria Giraldi.
20. Classification, Etiology, and Key Issues in Female Sexual Disorders.
Alessandra Graziottin, Lorraine Dennerstein, Jeanne L. Alexander, Annamaria Giraldi, Beverly Whipple.
21. Sexual Desire Disorders in Women.
Lorraine Dennerstein, Jeanne L. Alexander, Alessandra Graziottin.
22. Sexual Aversion Disorders in Women.
Linda Banner, Beverly Whipple, Alessandra Graziottin.
23. Sexual Arousal Disorders in Women.
Annamaria Giraldi, Alessandra Graziottin.
24. Orgasmic Disorders in Women.
Beverly Whipple, Alessandra Graziottin.
25. Sexual Pain Disorders: Dyspareunia and Vaginismus.
26. Iatrogenic and Post-Traumatic Female Sexual Disorder.
27. Hormonal Therapy after Menopause.
Female Sexual Disorders: Future Trends and Conclusions.
Alessandra Graziottin, Beverly Whipple, Lorraine Dennerstein, Jeanne L. Alexander, Linda Banner, Annamaria Giraldi.
28. Cardiovascular Issues in Male and Female Sexual Dysfunction.
Graham Jackson, Adolph Hutter.
Prof Dr Hartmut Porst is a urologist/andrologist with a special interest in erectile dysfuntion. He is Chairman of the Worldwide Standards Committee for the ISSM (International Society for Sexual Medicine) and serves as an advisor or consultant for Bayer, Pfizer, and Merck Germany. He serves an investigator for Lilly ICOS LLC, Takeda, Abbott, and Merck Germany
Dr. Jacques Buvat has been the director of the Centre d'Etude et de Traitement de la Pathologie de l'Appareil Reproducteur et de la Psychosomatique (CETPARP) in Lille, France since 1974. The center's research focuses on sexual dysfunctions, especially erectile dysfunction, infertility and in vitro fertilization, and endocrinology in gynecology and andrology. At the University of Lille, Dr. Buvat participates in a broad range of teaching activities including andrology, sexology, human reproduction and superior training in general medicine. Dr. Buvat is a member of editorial boards for the International Journal of Impotence Research, Archivio Italiano Nephrologia Andrologia, Andrologie and Gynécologie Obstétrique Fertilité. He is also the chief editor of bulletins for the International Society for Sexual and Impotence Research and the French Société de Médecine de la Reproduction.
- Written under the authority of the International Society of Sexual Medicine, the leading international professional society in the field and sponsor of Blackwell journal, The Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Comprehensive coverage of the full range of treatment options
- Provides information on recent progress in pharmacologic treatments, particularly the highly successful drug treatments for ED
- Useful for any part of the patient-clinician consultation, from gathering symptoms to diagnosis and treatment