Packaging Closures and Sealing Systems
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This volume considers the technologies relevant to packaging closures and sealing systems, structured by types of pack. It is directed at packaging technologists, those involved in the design and development of packaging and those who specify or purchase packaging.
Nigel Theobald, Consultant to the Packaging Industry, Haltwhistle, Northumberland, UK.
2. Design of packaging closures.
Belinda Winder, Department of Psychology, Nottingham Trent University, UK.
3. Closures for metal containers.
Bev Page, Technical Consultant to the Packaging Industry, Ravenshead, Nottingham, UK.
4. Closures for glass containers.
5. Closures for composite containers.
Victor Spong, Consultant to the Packaging Industry, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
6. Closures for plastics bottles and tubs.
Richard Larbey, Packaging and Quality Consultant, Milton Keynes, Bucks, UK.
7. Push-on closures.
8. Closures for flexible packaging.
John Durston, Amcor Flexibles, Bristol, UK.
9. Child Resistance, tamper evidence and openability.
Belinda Winder, Department of Psychology, Nottingham Trent University, UK
A chapter is included on the design and consumer perceptions of
Chapter authors have drawn on many years of experience in the packaging industry
Beverage & Food World, June 2007