February 2013, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
By integrating star studies and film industry studies, Hollywood Stardom reveals the inextricable bonds between culture and commerce in contemporary notions of film stardom.
- Integrates the traditions of star studies and industry studies to establish an original and innovative mode of analysis whereby the ‘star image’ is replaced with the ‘star brand’
- Offers the first extensive analysis of stardom in the ‘post-studio’ era
- Combines genre, narrative, acting, and discourse analysis with aspects of marketing theory and the economic analysis of the film market
- Draws on an extensive body of research data not previously deployed in film scholarship
- A wide range of star examples are explored including George Clooney, Mel Gibson, Tom Cruise, Daniel Day-Lewis, Tom Hanks, Will Smith, and Julia Roberts