Perioperative Pain Management
December 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
Perioperative Pain Management will be invaluable to all nurses from undergraduate students to experienced clinical nurse specialists and lecturers as well as pharmacists, operating department practitioners, and physiotherapists .
2. Principles of Acute Pain Assessment.
3. Barriers to Effective Pain Management.
4. Psychosocial Perspectives of Acute Pain.
5. The Role of Personal Coping Strategies in the Management of Perioperative Pain.
6. How Analgesics Work.
7. The Evidence for Acute Perioperative Pain Management.
8. Regional Anaesthesia and Analgesia, Part 1: Peripheral Nerve Blockade.
9. Regional Anaesthesia and Analgesia, Part 2: Central Neural Blockade.
10. Patient-Controlled Analgesia (PCA).
11. Other Routes of Opioid Administration.
12. Managing Perioperative Pain in Special Circumstances.
13. Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) in Perioperative Settings.
14. Risk Management in Perioperative Analgesia.
- Examines the physiology, pharmacology and psychology of
- Authors recognized as clinical & research experts in their
- Encourages evidence based practice
- Discusses current and relevant research
- Suitable for all levels of nurses
- Explores the problem of pain management in difficult cases
Perioperative Pain Management (US $93.99)
-and- Neuroscience Nursing: Evidence-Based Theory and Practice (US $74.99)
Total List Price: US $168.98
Discounted Price: US $122.23 (Save: US $46.75)