Cultural Theory: An Anthology
April 2010, ©2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
- Features a historically diverse and methodologically concise collection of readings including rare essays such as Pierre Bourdieu’s “Forms of Capital” (1986), Gilles Deleuze “Postscript on Societies of Control” (1992), and Fredric Jameson’s “Reification and Utopia in Mass Culture” (1979)
- Offers a radical new approach to teaching and studying cultural theory with material arranged around the central areas of inquiry in contemporary cultural study —the status and significance of culture itself, power, ideology, temporality, space and scale, and subjectivity
- Section introductions, designed to assist the student reader, provide an overview of each piece, explaining the context in which it was written and offering a brief intellectual biography of the author
- A large annotated bibliography of primary and secondary works for each author and topic promotes further research and discussion
- Features a useful glossary of critical terms
Buy Both and Save 25%!
Cultural Theory: An Anthology (US $50.95)
-and- An Introduction to Criticism: Literature - Film - Culture (US $36.95)
Total List Price: US $87.90
Discounted Price: US $65.92 (Save: US $21.98)