Re-thinking Dionysius the Areopagite
March 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 2-3 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: E-book
- One of the first volumes in English to survey the reception history of Dionysian thought, both East and West
- Provides a clear account of both modern and post-modern debates about Dionysius’s standing as philosopher and Christian theologian
- Examines the contrasts between Dionysius’s own pre-modern concerns and those of the post-modern philosophical tradition
- Highlights the great variety of historic readings of Dionysius, and also considers new theories and interpretations
- Analyzes the main points of hermeneutical contrast between East and West