Doubting Darwin?: Creationist Designs on Evolution
February 2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: Hardcover
Noted biologist and philosopher Sahotra Sarkar exposes the frauds and fallacies of Intelligent Design Theory, and its claim to be ‘good science’.
- A scientific and philosophical exploration of the debate between evolutionary theory and Intelligent Design in the classroom
- Puts the debate into its scientific and historical context
- Looks at a variety of topics, including the relation between Darwinism and modern evolutionary theory, the use of computer science and information theory by the creationists, and the idea of metaphysical naturalism
- Rejects Intelligent Design’s claim to legitimacy, showing clearly how and why it is an unsuitable alternative to evolutionary biology in the classroom
- A thought-provoking book for those seeking to understand an intellectual debate that is shaping our education policies
- Forms part of the provocative and timely Blackwell Public Philosophy series