Glacial Sedimentary Processes and Products (Special Publication 39 of the IAS)
January 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This volume brings numerous state-of-the-art research contributions together, each relating to a different physical setting, spatial scale, process or investigative technique. The result is a diverse and interesting collection of papers by glaciologists, numerical modellers and glacial geologists, which are all linked by the theme of investigating the relationships between the behaviour of ice masses and their resulting sedimentary sequences.
Foreword: Brian Harland and the Neoproterozoic ‘Snowball Earth’ Concept (D.J. Drewry).
Introduction to Papers (Hambrey, M.J., Christoffersen, P., Glasser, N.F. and Hubbard, B.).
Part 1: Glacier Dynamics and Sedimentation.
1. Hydrological Connections Between Antarctic Subglacial Lakes, the Flow of Water Beneath the East Antarctic Ice Sheet and Implications for Sedimentary Processes (Siegert, M.J., Le Brocq, A. and Payne, A.J.).
2. Sedimentology, Structural Characteristics and Morphology of a Neoglacial High-Arctic Moraine-Mound Complex: Midre Lovénbreen, Svalbard (Midgley, N.G., Glasser, N.F. and Hambrey, M.J.).
3. A New Laboratory Apparatus for Investigating Clast Ploughing (Rousselot, M., Fischer, U. and Pfister, M.).
Part 2: Modelling Glaciers and Ice Sheets.
4. A Coupled Ice-sheet/Ice-shelf/Sediment Model Applied to a Marine Margin Flowline: Forced and Unforced Variations (Pollard, D. and DeConto, R.M.).
5. A Brief Review on Modelling Sediment Erosion, Transport and Deposition by Former Large Ice Sheets (Siegert, M.J.).
Part 3: Quaternary Glacial Systems.
6. Glaciomarine Sediment Drifts from Gerlache Strait, Antarctic Peninsula (Willmott, V., Domack, E., Padman, L. and Canals, M.).
7. Sedimentary Signatures of the Waterloo Moraine, Ontario, Canada (Russell, H.A.J., Sharpe, D.R. and Bajc, A.F.).
8. Estimating Episodic Permafrost Development in Northern Germany during the Pleistocene (Delisle, G., Grassmann, S., Cramer, B., Messner, J. and Winsemann, J.).
9. Lake-level Control on Ice-margin Subaqueous Fans, Glacial Lake Rinteln, Northwest Germany (Winsemann, J., Asprion, U. and Meyer, T.).
10. Seasonal Controls on Deposition of Late Devensian Glaciolacustrine Sediments, Central Ireland (Delaney, C.).
11. Anatomy and Facies Association of a Drumlin in Co. Down, Northern Ireland, from Seismic and Electrical Resistivity Surveys (Kulessa, B., Clarke, G., Hughes, D.A.B. and Barbour, S.L.).
12. The Newbigging Esker System, Lanarkshire, Southern Scotland: A Model for Composite Tunnel, Subaqueous Fan and Supraglacial Esker Sedimentation (Bennett, M.R. , Huddart, D. and Thomas, G.S.P.).
13. The Age and Origin of the Blakeney Esker of North Norfolk: Implications for the Glaciology of the Southern North Sea Basin (Gale, S.J. and Hoare, P.G.).
14. Sediments and Landforms in an Upland Glaciated-valley Landsystem: Ennerdale, English Lake District (Graham, D.J. and Hambrey, M.J.).
Part 4: Pre-Quaternary Glacial Systems.
15. Cenozoic Climate and Sea Level History from Glacimarine Strata off the Victoria Land Coast, Cape Roberts Project, Antarctica (Barrett, P.J.).
16. Glacial Stress Field Orientation Reconstructed through Micromorphology and μX-Ray Computed Tomography of Till (Fasano, F., Baroni, C., Talarico, F.M., Bettuzzi, M. and Pasini, A.).
17. The Late Ordovician Glacial Sedimentary Systems of the North Gondwana Platform (Ghienne, J.-F., Le Heron, D.P., Moreau, J., Denis, M. and Deynoux, M.).
18. The Ordovician Glaciation in Eritrea and Ethiopia, NE Africa (Kumpulainen, R.).
19. Neoproterozoic Glaciated Basins: A Critical Review of the ‘Snowball Earth’ Hypothesis by Comparison with Phanerozoic Glaciations (Etienne, J.L., Allen, P.A., Rieu, R. and Le Guerroué, E.).
Glacial Sedimentary Processes and Products (Special Publication 39 of the IAS) (US $159.95)
Total List Price: US $314.90
Discounted Price: US $236.17 (Save: US $78.73)