The Vietnam War and Theologies of Memory: Time and Eternity in the Far Country
May 2010, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
The Vietnam War and Theologies of Memory develops a theological analysis of the American war in Vietnam and constructs a Christian account of memory in relation to this tragic conflict.
- An elegantly written reflection of memory and forgiveness, this unique work explores the ecclesial practice of memory in relation to the American war in Vietnam
- Questions how and why we choose to remember atrocity, and asks whether it is ever ethical to simply forget
- Explores the theological categories of time and eternity, and the ideas of thinkers including Aquinas, Augustine, and Barth
- Reveals broader insights about history, memory, and redemption
- Resonates beyond the field of theological inquiry by offering a broader analysis of war entirely relevant to our time