Reforming the Bismarckian Welfare Systems
May 2008, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
Other Available Formats: E-book
Gathering among the best European specialists of welfare state comparisons, this book organises comprehensive and up to date information on European welfare state reforms in an analytical framework which allows a new approach to social policy changes.
- Demonstrates that, contrary to the common view, 'Bismarckian' welfare states have changed significantly
- Contains long term but also very accurate data and perspective beginning from the 1980s and up to the most recent reforms
- Speaks to two literatures: the one on welfare state, social policies and welfare state reforms; the other to the political science literature on changes, path dependency and incremental changes
- Organises comprehensive and up to date information on European welfare state reforms in an analytical framework
- Includes contributions from the best specialists of the field, including members of the European academic community of social policy comparativists