Invitation to Economics: Understanding Argument and Policy
January 2009, ©2009, Wiley-Blackwell
This price is valid for United States. Change location to view local pricing and availability.
This is a Print-on-Demand title. It will be printed specifically to fill your order. Please allow an additional 5-6 days delivery time. The book is not returnable.
Other Available Formats: Paperback
Invitation to Economics empowers the reader to spot naive and spurious economic arguments by inculcating an intuitive ‘feel’ for economics.
- A unique and critical guide to understanding economic arguments in the media
- Focuses on microeconomics, specifically on the idea that economic policies often have important indirect effects
- Key ideas are applied repeatedly in numerous case studies drawn from newspapers and other media
- Economic principles are presented in an accessible and non-rigorous format using case studies
- Incorporates the value judgments and political judgments that underlie economic policies